Thursday 19 June 2008

Jason Bonham - Bonham Compares Led Zeppelin Reunion To World Cup Experience


Rocker JASON BONHAM has spoken of his joy at performing with legendary band LED ZEPPELIN - comparing it to scoring a string of winning goals at the soccer World Cup.

The drummer joined the band as a replacement for his late father John Bonham at an one-off London gig in December (07).

And although Bonham was impressed with his performance, he was initially scared of not living up to his father's talents.

He tells U.K. magazine Musician, "It was like the penalty shoot-out at the World Cup, but you're taking everyone. I had to shoot 16 times and get the goal every time.

"We all arrived separately and didn't communicate with each other until ten minutes before we went on. At that point I don't know what I was feeling. I was breathing deeply trying to keep calm. I knew I could do the gig, but could I do it when it counted?"

And the musician says his time on-stage with Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones has left him eager for another reunion.

He adds, "It's hard to be in this situation where it was so good and now I'm left in limbo about what's going to happen next.

"I'm happy with what happened and if I ask for me it's me being greedy."





See Also